I believe that openness, transparency, and reproducibility should be the basic requirement. I concerned with the irreproducibility in the literature and want change: currently I am an ambassador of Center for Open Science (since 2016) and assistant director of the Translation and Cultural Diversity Committee of Psychological Science Accelerator (since 2019).
I am always enthusiastic to promote open science, using both Chinese and English. I’ve mainly done three different types of things: (1) engaging in large-scale collobrative project; (2) write academics paper to introduce methodologies that aimed at solving the reproducibility crisis; (3) organizing workshops and online discussion group to get people learn how to do research in an open and transparent way; (4) give talks about open science; (5) maintaining a Chinese blog about open science. You can find all the materials I used on OSF: https://osf.io/9d7y4/.
- Liu, Y., Cheng, S., Fan, F., Di, X., Fan, H., Feng, C., . . . Hu, C.-P. (under review). Reporting Standard for Meta-Analysis in Psychology: Status and Recommendations (in Chinese). ChinaXiv. Retrieved from http://www.chinaxiv.org/abs/201809.00177
- Wang, J., Song, Q., Xu, Y., Jia, B., & Hu, C.-P. (2019). Calculating Confidence Intervals of Cohen’s d and Eta-squared: A Practical Primer (in Chinese). Psychology: Techniques and Applications, 7(5), 284-296.
- Hu, C.-P., Kong, X.-Z., Wagenmakers, E.-J., Ly, A., & Peng, K. (2018). Bayes Factor and Its Implementation in JASP: A Practical Primer (in Chinese). Adv Psychol Sci, 26(6), 951-965. doi:10.3724/SP.J.1042.2018.00951
- Hu, C.-P., Wang, F., Guo, J., Song, M., Sui, J., & Peng, K. (2016). The replication crisis in psychological research (in Chinese). Adv Psychol Sci, 24(9), 1504–1518 doi:10.3724/SP.J.1042.2016.01504
- Lyu, X., Xu, Y., Zhao, X., Zuo, X.-N., & Hu, C.-P. (under review). The prevalence of misinterpretation of p-value and confidence intervals. (preprint)
- Lyu, Z., Peng, K., & Hu, C.-P. (2018). P-value, Confidence Intervals and Statistical Inference: A New Dataset of Misinterpretation. Front Psychol, 9, 868. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00868
- Nov 2017, How to do Open, Transparent, and Reproducible research in Psychology. Before the 20th Annual Meeting of the Chinese Psychological Society, Chongqing, China. Organizer & Speaker
- Oct 2016, Enhancing the Reproducibility of Psychological Research. Before the 19th Annual Meeting of the Chinese Psychological Society, Xi’An, China. Organizer & Speaker
Online discussion group
- From 2019, I organized an online discussion group specifically dedicated to open science and reproducibility —— WEekly Learn Open Science Team (#WELOST). We choose articles from the Reproducibility and replicability reading list and discuss them in the Weekend (mostly in Chinese). Here is the audio recordings: osf.io/ycugr/.
- 12th Apr 2019, Flexibility in fMRI data analysis and standardization, part of the SPM course organized by Neuroimaging Center (NIC) Mainz, Mainz, Germany. Slides
6th Aug 2018, Replication crisis and reform in psychology (in Chinese), Zhejiang University of Technology, Hangzhou, Zhejinag Province, China. Invited by Dr Qiang Shen.
3rd Aug 2018, Post-replication-crisis era: What shall we do (in Chinese)? Shaoxing University, Shaoxing, Zhejinag Province, China. Invited by Dr. Wei Chen.
1st Aug 2018, Estimate-Based statistics, Bayes Factor, and JASP (in Chinese), Zhejiang Normal University, Jinghua, Zhejinag Province, China. Invited by Dr. Xinyu Li.
26th Jul 2018, Replication crisis and related statistical problems (in Chinese), University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, China. Invited by Dr. Yi-Feng Wang
13th Jul 2018, A brief introduction about Bayes Factor and its implement in JASP (in Chinese), Psychology Institute, Chinese Academia of Science, Beijing, China (invited by Dr. Zhu-Yuan Liang).
- 25th Jun 2017, How to use R to enhance the reproducibility of empirical research (in Chinese), Nankai University, Tianjin, China.
- 15th Jun 2017, Replication crisis and new standards of doing research in Psychological Science (in Chinese). Online talk for graduate students at the Department of Psychology, Zhejiang Normal University.
- 19th May 2017, Replication crisis and R (in Chinese), the 10th China-R Conference, Beijing, China.
- 01st Nov 2016, Transparent and open science practices in Psychological Science (in Chinese). Online talk for members of Prof. Feng Yu‘s Laboratory at Xi’an Jiaotong University.
- Wechat-Public-Account: OpenScience
- Zhihu Column