Chuan-Peng Hu, PhD
Post-doc Researcher (2017 ~ currently)
Deutsches Resilienz Zentrum (DRZ) , 55131 Mainz, Germany.
Email: hcp4715 at gmail dot com;
2012.08 ~ 2017.07 Ph. D, Department of Psychology, Tsinghua University. ( Advisor: Dr. Kaiping Peng)
2016.02 ~ 2016.08 Visiting Student, Department of Experimental Psychology, the University of Oxford. (Advisor: Dr. Jie Sui)
2009 ~ 2012 M.A. of Psychology, Hubei University;
2005 ~ 2009 L.L.B.; B.Sc. of psychology (Dual degree), Hubei University.
Manuscripts (* corresponding author)
- Liu, Q.-L., Wang, F., Sui, J., Peng, K., & Hu, C.-P*. (submitted). The Reliability and Validity of Chinese Version of Free Will and Determinism Plus Scale: PsyArxiv.
- Hu, C.-P.*, Lan, Y., Macrae, C. N., & Sui, J. (submitted). Good Me Bad Me: Does Valence Influence Self-Prioritization During Perceptual Decision-Making? : PsyArxiv.
- Lyu, X., XU, Y., Zhao, X., Zuo, X., & Hu, C-P*. (under revision). The prevalence of misinterpretation of p-value and confidence intervals. (preprint)
- Liu, Y., Chen, S., Fan, F., Di, X., Fan, H., Feng, C., Gan, Y., Li, H., Lv, X., Xu, P., Yuan, B., Zuo, X.-N., Hu, C.-P.*. (under review). Reporting Standard for Meta-Analysis in Psychology: Status and Recommendations (in Chinese). (preprint on Chinaxiv)
- Yin, J., Hu, C.-P*. (under review). Are brain imaging results “over-persuasive” (in Chinese). (preprint on Chinaxiv)
- Hu, C.-P., Huang, Y., Eickhoff, S. B., Peng, K., & Sui, J. (under review). Seeking the “beauty center” in the brain: A meta-analysis of fMRI studies of beautiful human faces and visual art. (preprint on BiorXiv)
Publications (* corresponding author)
- Hu, C.-P.*, Yin, J.-X., Lindenberg, S. M., Dalğar, İ., Weissgerber, S., . . . IJzerman, H.* (2019). Data from the Human Penguin Project: A cross-national dataset testing principles from social thermoregulation theory. Sci. Data. 6(1), 32. doi:10.1038/s41597-019-0029-2
- Zickfeld, J. H., Schubert, T. W., Seibt, B., Blomster, J. K., Arriaga, P., Basabe, N., . . . Fiske, A. P. (2019). Kama muta: Conceptualizing and measuring the experience often labelled being moved across 19 nations and 15 languages. Emotion,19(3), 402-424. doi:10.1037/emo0000450
- Hu, C.-P.*, Jiang, X., Jeffrey, R., & Zuo, X.-N*. (2018). Open Science as a Better Gatekeeper for Science and Society: A Perspective from Neurolaw. Sci. Bull, 63(23), 1529-1531. (preprint)
- IJzerman, H.*, Lindenberg, S. M., Dalğar, İ., Weissgerber, S., Vergara, R., Cair, A., . . . Zickfeld, J. (2018). The Human Penguin Project: Climate, Social Integration, and Core Body Temperature. Collabra: Psychology, 4(1), 37. doi:10.1525/collabra.165
- Lyu, Z., Peng, K., & Hu, C.-P. * (2018). P-value, Confidence Intervals and Statistical Inference: A New Dataset of Misinterpretation. Frontiers in Psychology (9), 868. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00868
- Zheng, W., Luo, T., Hu, C.-P., & Peng, K*. (2018). Glued to Which Face? Attentional Priority Effect of Female Babyface and Male Mature Face. Frontiers in Psychology, 9(286). doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00286
- Hu, C.-P., Kong, X.-Z., Wagenmakers, E.-J., Ly, A., & Peng, K. (2018). Bayes Factor and Its Implementation in JASP: A Practical Primer (in Chinese). Advances in Psychological Science, 26(6), 951-965. doi:10.3724/SP.J.1042.2018.00951
- IJzerman, H.*, Čolić, M. V., Hennecke, M., Hong, Y., Hu, C.-P., Joy-Gaba, J., . . . Lindenberg, S. (2017). Does distance from the equator predict self-control? Lessons from the Human Penguin Project. Behav Brain Sci, 40. doi:10.1017/S0140525X16001035
- Hu, C.-P., Wang, F., Guo, J., Song, M., Sui, J., & Peng, K. (2016). The replication crisis in psychological research (in Chinese). Advances in Psychological Science 24(9): 1504–1518. pdf data
- Hu, C., Di, X., Eickhoff, S. B., Zhang, M., Peng, K., Guo, H., & Sui, J. (2016). Distinct and common aspects of physical and psychological self-representation in the brain: A meta-analysis of self-bias in facial and self-referential judgments. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 61: 197–207. doi: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2015.12.003 pdf data
- Hu, C., Di, X., Li, J., Peng, K., Sui, J.. (2015). Meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies (in Chinese). Advances in Psychological Science, 23(7), 1118-1129. doi: 10.3724/sp.j.1042.2015.01118
- Hu, C., & Jiang, X.. (2014). An emotion regulation role of ventromedial prefrontal cortex in moral judgment. Front Hum Neurosci 8. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2014.00873.
- Hu, C., Deng, X., Zhou, Z., & Deng, X. (2011). Neurolaw: A marriage between young cognitive neuroscience and old law (in Chinese). Chinese Science Bulletin (Chinese version), 56(36), 3041–3053. doi: 10.1360/972011-1911.
File Drawer (* corresponding author; No plan for submission)
- Yang, Y., Liu, Y., Hu, C.-P.*, Peng, K. (2018). The influence of moral character information on source memory of faces. preprint on Chinaxiv. doi:10.12074/201809.00162 (see: https://osf.io/nnp9y/)
Academic Awards and Distinctions
- Summa cum laude, Tsinghua University, 2017.07.
- The 22nd Rising Star of Graduate Students, 2017.05. (the Highest academic award for graduate students in Tsinghua University, about 10 were selected from more than 14, 000 PhD students each year.)
- Awarded Tsinghua Scholarship for Oversea Graduate Studies (£5,700), to visit the Department of Experimental Psychology, the University of Oxford (2016.02 – 2016.08)
- Awarded Qing He Scholarship for Distinguished Graduate Student for 2014 – 2015, School of Social Science, Tsinghua University
- Third Prize for Graduate Student Paper Award at 17th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Beijing, China, 2014.
- Selected by the “Tsinghua-Peking-Berkeley” Ph.D. Program, Tsinghua University, July 2012
- Award for Research and Innovation, School of Education, Hubei University (2012)
Conference Abstracts (*oral presentations)
- Hu, C.-P., Andres, E., Meyer, B., Gerlicher, A. M., V., Tüscher, O., & Kalisch, R. Consolidating the Memories of Fear Regulation. Poster presented at the 11th European Meeting on Human Fear Conditioning, Würzburg, Germany: May, 2019.
- *Hu, C-P., IJzerman, H. et al., The Human Penguin Project: Climate, Social Integration, and Core Body Temperature. International Convention of Psychological Science 2019. Paris, France: March, 2019.
- *Hu, C., Wang, F., Guo, J., Song, M., & Peng, K. (2015). Replication Crisis and Methodological Reform in Psychology (in Chinese). 18th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Tianjin, China.
- Hu, C., Peng, K., & Sui, J. (2015). The modulation effect of morality in perceptual matching revealed by Event-Related Potentials. 8th Annual Meeting of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society, Boston, USA
- *Hu, C., Peng, K., & Sui, J.(2014). The modulation of moral status in perceptual matching: facilitation and arousal effects (in Chinese). 17th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Beijing, China
- *Hu, C. & Deng, X. (2010). The Status and Prospects of Cognitive-Neurolaw (in Chinese). 13th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Shanghai, China
- Supervision B.S. Dissertation for 3 psychology students (Hubei University, 2015 – 2018)
- Supervision B.S. Dissertation for 4 psychology students (Hubei University, 2014 – 2016)
Professional Activities and Services
- November 01, 2017, Organizer &lecterer, a wokshop on “How to conduct reproducible research in Psychology.” Chongqing, China.
- October 14, 2016, Organizer & lecturer, a workshop on “Enhancing reproducibility in psychological research”, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, China
- August 2016 Ambassador of Center for Open Science
- June 26-30, 2016, Volunteer, 22nd Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping. Geneva, Switzerland
- 2011 – Currently Moderator, 52brain.com, the largest Chinese online forum for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience researchers.
- December 20, 2015, Organizer, 1st Seminar for Young Scholars in Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience. Beijing, China
- July 2015 Volunteer, 3rd China International Conference on Positive Psychology, Beijing, China
- May 10, 2015, Organizer, 5th Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- April 27, 2014, Organizer, 4th Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- November 24, 2013, Organizer, 2nd Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- October 19, 2013, Organizer, 1st Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- Association for Psychological Science