Post-doc Researcher (2017 ~ currently)
Neuroimaging Center Mainz, Johannes Gutenberg University Medical Center, 55131 Mainz, Germany.
Email: hcp4715 at gmail dot com;
2012.08 ~ 2017.07 Ph. D, Department of Psychology, Tsinghua University. ( Advisor: Dr. Kaiping Peng)
2016.02 ~ 2016.08 Visiting Student, Department of Experimental Psychology, the University of Oxford. (Advisor: Dr. Jie Sui)
2009 ~ 2012 M.A. of Psychology, Hubei University;
2005 ~ 2009 L.L.B.; B.Sc. of psychology (Dual degree), Hubei University.
Manuscripts (* corresponding author)
- Yin, J.#, Hu, C.-P.#, Peng, K. (submitted). Are brain imaging results “over-persuasive” (in Chinese). (# equally contributed, preprint link: http://www.chinaxiv.org/abs/201706.00761)
- IJzerman, H., Lindenberg, S. M., Dalğar, İ., Weissgerber, S., Vergara, R., Cair, A., . . . Zickfeld, J. (submitted). The Human Penguin Project: Social integration protects against cold climates.
- Hu, C.-P., Huang, Y., Eickhoff, S. B., Peng, K., & Sui, J. (submitted). Seeking the common beauty in the brain: A meta-analysis of fMRI studies of beautiful human faces and visual art. (preprint: http://dx.doi.org/10.1101/081539)
Publications (* corresponding author)
- Zickfeld, J. H., Schubert, T. W., Seibt, B., Blomster, J. K., Arriaga, P., Basabe, N., . . . Fiske, A. P. (2018). Kama muta: Conceptualizing and measuring the experience often labelled being moved across 19 nations and 15 languages. Emotion. doi:10.1037/emo0000450
- * Lyu, Z., Peng, K., & Hu, C.-P. (2018). P-value, Confidence Intervals and Statistical Inference: A New Dataset of Misinterpretation. Frontiers in Psychology (9), 868. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2018.00868
- Hu, C.-P., Kong, X.-Z., Wagenmakers, E.-J., Ly, A., & Peng, K. (2018). Bayes Factor and Its Implementation in JASP: A Practical Primer (in Chinese). Advances in Psychological Science, 26(6), 951-965. doi:10.3724/SP.J.1042.2018.00951
- IJzerman, H., Lindenberg, S. M., Dalğar, İ., Weissgerber, S., Vergara, R., Cair, A., . . . Zickfeld, J. (submitted). The Human Penguin Project: Social Integration Protects Against Cold Climates.
- Ijzerman, H., Čolić, M. V., Hennecke, M., Hong, Y., Hu, C.-P., Joy-Gaba, J., . . . Lindenberg, S. (2017). Does distance from the equator predict self-control? Lessons from the Human Penguin Project. Behavioral and Brain Sciences, 40. doi:10.1017/S0140525X16001035
- Hu, C.-P., Wang, F., Guo, J., Song, M., Sui, J., & Peng, K. (2016). The replication crisis in psychological research (in Chinese). Advances in Psychological Science 24(9): 1504–1518. pdf data
- Hu, C., Di, X., Eickhoff, S. B., Zhang, M., Peng, K., Guo, H., & Sui, J. (2016). Distinct and common aspects of physical and psychological self-representation in the brain: A meta-analysis of self-bias in facial and self-referential judgments. Neurosci Biobehav Rev 61: 197–207. doi: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2015.12.003 pdf data
- Hu, C., Di, X., Li, J., Peng, K., Sui, J.. (2015). Meta-analysis of neuroimaging studies (in Chinese). Advances in Psychological Science, 23(7), 1118-1129. doi: 10.3724/sp.j.1042.2015.01118
- Hu, C., & Jiang, X.. (2014). An emotion regulation role of ventromedial prefrontal cortex in moral judgment. Front Hum Neurosci 8. doi: 10.3389/fnhum.2014.00873.
- Hu, C., Deng, X., Zhou, Z., & Deng, X. (2011). Neurolaw: A marriage between young cognitive neuroscience and old law (in Chinese). Chinese Science Bulletin (Chinese version), 56(36), 3041–3053. doi: 10.1360/972011-1911.
Academic Awards and Distinctions
- Awarded Tsinghua Scholarship for Oversea Graduate Studies (£5,700), to visit the Department of Experimental Psychology, the University of Oxford (2016.02 – 2016.08)
- Awarded Qing He Scholarship for Distinguished Graduate Student for 2014 – 2015, School of Social Science, Tsinghua University
- Third Prize for Graduate Student Paper Award at 17th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Beijing, China, 2014.
- Selected by the “Tsinghua-Peking-Berkeley” Ph.D. Program, Tsinghua University, July 2012
- Award for Research and Innovation, School of Education, Hubei University (2012
Conference Abstracts (*oral presentations)
- Hu, C.-P., Peng, K., & Sui, J. (expected 2017). Perceptual salience of moral character was modulated by self-reference. 18th Annual Convention of Society for Personality and Social Psychology’s, San Antonio, TX, USA
- *Hu, C., Wang, F., Guo, J., Song, M., & Peng, K. (2015). Replication Crisis and Methodological Reform in Psychology (in Chinese). 18th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Tianjin, China.
- Hu, C., Peng, K., & Sui, J. (2015). The modulation effect of morality in perceptual matching revealed by Event-Related Potentials. 8th Annual Meeting of the Social & Affective Neuroscience Society, Boston, USA
- *Hu, C., Peng, K., & Sui, J.(2014). The modulation of moral status in perceptual matching: facilitation and arousal effects (in Chinese). 17th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Beijing, China
- *Hu, C. & Deng, X. (2010). The Status and Prospects of Cognitive-Neurolaw (in Chinese). 13th National Academic Congress of Psychology, Shanghai, China
- Supervision B.S. Dissertation for 3 psychology students (Hubei University, 2015 – Currently)
- Supervision B.S. Dissertation for 4 psychology students (Hubei University, 2014 – 2016)
Professional Activities and Services
- November 01, 2017, Organizer &lecterer, a wokshop on “How to conduct reproducible research in Psychology.” Chongqing, China.
- October 14, 2016, Organizer & lecturer, a workshop on “Enhancing reproducibility in psychological research”, Xi’an, Shaanxi Province, China
- August 2016 Ambassador of Center for Open Science
- June 26-30, 2016, Volunteer, 22nd Annual Meeting of the Organization for Human Brain Mapping. Geneva, Switzerland
- 2011 – Currently Moderator, 52brain.com, the largest Chinese online forum for Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience researchers.
- December 20, 2015, Organizer, 1st Seminar for Young Scholars in Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience. Beijing, China
- July 2015 Volunteer, 3rd China International Conference on Positive Psychology, Beijing, China
- May 10, 2015, Organizer, 5th Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- April 27, 2014, Organizer, 4th Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- November 24, 2013, Organizer, 2nd Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- October 19, 2013, Organizer, 1st Seminar of 52brain Club in Beijing, Beijing, China
- June 2016, a research assistant at the Department of Psychology, Oxford Brookes University, conducted a pilot TMS study with Dr Sanjay Kumar.
- August 2015, Workshop on Neuroimaging Data Visualization (ICHBD2015), Beijing, China
- July 2011, The 3rd Summer School of Asian Association of Social Psychology, Kunming, China
- September 2016 Society for Personality and Social Psychology
- Statistical analysis (R, JASP, SPSS, G*power)
- Experimental design and presentation (Psychtoolbox in MATLAB, E-Prime)
- EEG data analysis ( EEGlab and ERPlab in MATLAB)
- fMRI data processing (meta-analysis of fMRI data with GingerALE and MATLAB code)
- TMS (Magstim Rapid 2)
- Language: Native speaker of Mandarin, Fluent in English